- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4-1 cup milk or kefir (adjust for desired consistency)
- 1 1/4 c. sourdough starter (or more, to taste)
- 2 eggs
Makes about 12 pancakes
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl large enough to hold the batter.
- Beat the eggs, milk, sourdough starter and butter together, and add to the dry mix. Incorporate well with a whisk, then let sit for at least 5 minutes. This will allow more bubbles to develop.
- Heat a pan or griddle. Grease with oil or butter and ladle the batter onto the hot surface. Flip the pancakes when bubbles form on the surface.
- Cook until golden. Serve hot.
Optional - dress up your batter with:
Sliced bananas, diced apples, nut butter, dried fruit, cinnamon, chia seeds, flax seeds, you name it!