Looking for a fun way to incorporate fermented foods into your next party? Wow your friends with a Fermented Bloody Mary! All the goodness of fermentation, but with a little kick. You can pretty much ferment everything that goes into it- tomatoes, peppers, horseradish, Worcestershire, etc. Brine from your ferments also makes a great addition. Be careful if you add any additional salt - taste it first, as the fermented additions usually are salty enough. Ingredients can be increased or decreased, to your liking. Regular tomato juice can be added to balance out the salt factor if needed.
Recipe for two:
- 1 cup fermented, pureed & strained tomatoes (straining is optional)
- 1/2 tsp. fermented horseradish (store bought will work too)
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (store bought will work too)
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice (this could be fermented too!)
- 1/2 tsp. fermented pureed hot peppers (store bought pepper sauce is fine)
- 1-2 oz. vodka (more or less, to taste)