Looking for a fun way to incorporate fermented foods into your next party? Wow your friends with a Fermented Bloody Mary! All the goodness of fermentation, but with a little kick. You can pretty much ferment everything that goes into it - tomatoes, peppers, horseradish, Worcestershire, etc. Brine from your ferments also makes a great addition. Be careful if you add any additional salt - taste it first, as the fermented additions usually are salty enough. Ingredients can be increased or decreased, to your taste. Regular tomato juice can be added to balance out the salt factor, if needed.
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1 cup fermented, pureed & strained tomatoes (straining is optional)
- 1/2 tsp. fermented horseradish (store bought will work too)
- 1/2 tsp. worchestershire sauce (store bought will work too)
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice (this could be fermented too!)
- 1/2 tsp. fermented, pureed hot peppers (store bought pepper sauce is fine)
- 1-2 oz. vodka (more or less, to taste)
- Rim a glass with a bit of celery salt (optional), mix ingredients together and pour
- glass over ice.
- Garnish with a celery stalk and skewered fermented veggies- peppers, carrots, onions, green beans, asparagus, olives- you name it!
Enjoy with friends! Cheers!